How to Download and Reinstall your SSL VPN Service from WiTopia
This article will walk you through a reinstall of your SSL VPN service from WiTopia and give you the latest WiTopia VPN configuration. Performing this step will invalidate all previous installations using this ORD# so if you are using your VPN on another machine, you'll need to uninstall and run the new installer on the second machine as well.
You will need your WiTopia ORD# and the e-mail address you used when you signed up with us. If you do not have this information, contact WiTopia Support at firstname.lastname@example.org using the e-mail address you used when you signed up with us and give us an approximate date on which you ordered your SSL service from WiTopia.
Step 1: Uninstall Old Software
- Right-click on the VPN icon in the system tray (usually in lower right corner of your screen) and click "exit". If the icon is missing, skip this step.
- Go to Control Panel and then select:
- For XP: Add/Remove Programs
- For Vista/Windows 7: Programs & Features
- Find personalVPN in the installed programs list. Highlight it and select remove or uninstall. In Vista/Windows 7 you can simply double click the highligted line that shows "personalVPN".
- Restart PC.
If you have 10.3 (Panther) or 10.4 (Tiger), we likely built you a custom installer so email Support Team email@example.com
1. Quit TUNNELBLICK.
2. Open your Applications folder and DRAG the TUNNELBLICK application into your TRASH and empty it.
3. Reboot your Mac.
1. Quit VISCOSITY.
2. CLICK HERE and download our UNINSTALL VISCOSITY program to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on it and your Terminal application will launch (Admin password required). If you never assigned an admin password to your Mac, you may need to assign one now.
4. Enter your Mac Admin password (CURSOR WION'T MOVE) and press Enter and you should receive a process completed message.
5. It's good to reboot your Mac at this point and then complete reinstall directions below once Mac is restarted.
If for any reason you have trouble running the uninstall script above, click here for manual instructions on how to remove Viscosity from your Mac.
Step 2: Install new Software
Click here to use our re-doer tool to download a new installer.
NOTE: IF SITE IS BLOCKED click here instead and simply IGNORE CERT WARNING.
Mac Users: If the ORD number used is for a WINDOWS account, you will receive an Installer containing Tunnelblick, NOT Viscosity. The below instructions mention Viscosity, but Tunnelblick install is very simple and for all practical matters is the same. Nevertheless, if you have a question, do not hesitate to contact support.